THANK YOU to all for a very successful 2012 Fall Cheer Season. Due to popular demand, Cheer is now offering a Winter Competitive Squad.
Following are details we have so far and information you may find helpful.
All girls MUST register prior to Monday December 10th. There will be 2 options for payment -- payment in full at time of registration or a payment plan option of 3 payments of $50 (due at registration, January 15th and February 15th). If you need to make other arrangements, please feel free to reach out to me. REMINDER - There is also payment direct to The Cheer House of $80 that will be due prior to our first session there (first week of Jan) - details to follow.
* For girls currently in grades 4-7
* Practice will tentatively begin next week Wed 12/5. Details to follow on times, locations.
* Practice schedule is anticipated to be the following as of now. Space is VERY hard to come by in the winter when all GRHS and GRAA teams are indoors. This needs to be confirmed with the schools and times may be tweaked slightly but based on what we see available as of now:
Tuesdays AT The Cheer House, Garfield 7-8pm *Starting first week in January
Wednesdays in Glen Ridge (location TBD) 6-7:30 (time is approximate)
Sundays in Glen Ridge (location TBD) 12:30-1:30 (time is approximate)
* Season will run through early March.
* We are anticipating participation in 3 competitions at this time - many competitions are just getting their sites up for registration. I will have dates out on these by next weekend. Competitions are usually a Saturday for a few hours. The plan is to do one in January, one in February and one in March. Girls MUST attend each competition - no exceptions.
* Our team will learn a brand new competition level routine which will include stunting and tumbling by some girls. Girls will be placed in a role that they are able to be successful at based on their abilities, confidence, progress in practices, etc. This will solely be a coach's decision and will be honored by all participants. Again, whatever a girl's role, it is critical to the team as a whole and she must be present for all practices and competitions.
* We will compete in rec level competitions. We will have to compete at the highest level of our girls (for example, if we have 7th graders, we would have to compete in a 7th grade category - sometimes this is 7th-8th) which means our 4th graders could be competing against 7th-8th graders. This is not unusual for rec level competitions, especially smaller towns.
* Costs for the program
The Cheer House *Paid directly to Cheer House prior to first practice in early Jan = $80 for 8 weeks
GRAA Fee which includes coach, competition registration fees, routine and music fees, new bow, mat, etc. = $150 paid in full by 12/10 or you may choose the installment option
(3 payments of $50 due at registration, 1/15, 2/15)
* Team will use current uniform so there will be no additional uniform purchases at this time if you have a uniform.